Aboriginal culture information
What is ACHRIS?
The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Register and Information System (ACHRIS) is the web based tool that is used for the management of, and access to, Aboriginal cultural heritage records across Victoria.
ACHRIS integrate information held in the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Register with maps. Authorised users are able to search the register online.
ACHRIS provides for:
- the registration of Aboriginal places and objects
- applications for advice about records held in the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Register, and
- applications to access the Register.
Why is it needed?
The Department of Premier and Cabinet is required to maintain a Register of Aboriginal places and objects under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006. ACHRIS improves the accessibility of the Register and keeps information up to date.
Who can access ACHRIS?
Members of the public can complete online applications for:
• Access to the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Register (VAHR); and
• Certificates of advice about records held in the VAHR.
Learn more about certificates of advice, how much a certificate will cost, the payment options, how long it will take to receive, and how to understand what the certificate means for you.
Please note: The processing of applications for advice attracts a fee and results of the search are not released until the prescribed payment is received.
Access the .
Need help applying?
AV has developed guides to make using the ACHRIS application easier.
Customised user guides for both Heritage Advisors and Registered Aboriginal Parties are available upon request. To obtain a copy of the relevant guide please contact AV on the details below.
- With our dedicated development team you will be successful.