When buying anything these days, I have a very clear shopping modus operandi.
- First, my finely tuned eagle eye spots the desired object. Often this is in the brick and mortar store. (I really prefer to see things with my own eyes as I feel the internet can make lots of crappy stuff look amazing)
- Despite my need for instant gratification, I hold back. That is, until I can do a little price comparison. (my parents trained me well!)
- I compare prices in the store to the online merchant and often there are differences. Many times, the online store is the better deal.
- Next, I check out rebate offers through a cash rebate website. Ebates is my favorite. I do like Mr. Rebate as well. These sites offer a nominal cash back incentive ranging from 2% to 10% and sometimes special discounts. The incentive is even usually higher during big sales. All you have to do is click on their link to your preferred site.
- Last, I cash my rebate check when it arrives in the mail a few weeks later.
Before I gave Ebates a try, I thought it was a scam.
But I’ve been using it for years now and it’s great to get that BIG FAT CHECK in the mail (that’s what EBATES calls it- sometimes, the check is only a few dollars, but still)
Do you have a shopping strategy that works for you? I’d love to hear it so we can all be smarter shoppers!